A policy of the Joan of Arc Foundation, Inc adopted and implemented by the Board of Directors.
Joan of Arc Foundation (JoA) in partnership with USA Rugby, is a youth-serving non-profit organization dedicated to providing growth and development opportunities in rugby union football. JoA adheres to World Rugby’s Core Values that inherent in everything we do should be integrity, respect, solidarity, passion and discipline.
Participation in JoA’s programs is subject to the observance of the following rules and procedures. Violations of this code of conduct will be immediately addressed by the JoA board and could result in dismissal from the club, in addition to an official report filed with USA Rugby. ANY violations of the Code of Conduct will be immediately referred to JoA’s Board of Directors for review and may result in suspension or dismissal from the club without appeal or refund of any fees paid to date. Upon player registration and payment of dues, JoA expects all youth teams, parents and players to abide by the following:
Joan of Arc Rugby Clubs, Youth Playing Member Code of Conduct
1. I am an ambassador of rugby and represent the Joan of Arc team I am playing for and USA Rugby. As such, I understand that I am expected to demonstrate good and responsible behavior at all times, both on and off the pitch.
2. I will not exhibit impolite or antisocial behavior (dangerous play) of any sort that would adversely affect the image of the game as a serious and disciplined endeavor. This includes dirty play, and verbal and physical abuse of teammates, opposing players, coaches, referees, touch judges, spectators and/or support staff.
3. I will not, before, during or after a match, threaten or address a referee or touch judge in insulting terms or act in a provocative manner towards teammates, opposing players, coaches, referees, touch judges, spectators and/or supporters.
4. I will abide by all rules and regulations applicable to the team imposed by the International Rugby Board, Joan of Arc, USA Rugby, and the local hosts.
5. I understand that Joan of Arc is an all-inclusive club that welcomes diversity, and will not make racist, sexist, homophobic, religious or otherwise bigoted jokes or statements.
6. I understand that obscene or profane language will not be tolerated and will not use foul language towards, taunt, or disrespect teammates, opposing players, coaches, referees, touch judges, spectators and/or supporters.
7. I understand that bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated whether through physical, emotional or digital means in personal or club related communication channels including social media, text messages, etc.
8. I will not be critical of teammates and never discuss teammate’s abilities except to encourage good teamwork and thank them for their efforts.
9. I will not be under the influence of, possess or use alcoholic beverages or drugs including but not limited to tobacco, vapes, and/or marijuana on JoA’s property or at any event in which I am representing the club including away matches, trips, activities and tournaments.
10. I understand that I am on a team and will be a team player. I will do this by putting my personal goals aside for the betterment of the team.
11. I will participate in every game and every practice except for illness, injury, homework or school events. I am expected to be on time for practices and games. If I must miss a game/practice or arrive late, I will contact the team’s head coaches as soon as possible.
12. I will work hard for myself and my team.
13. I will study hard and understand that school takes precedence over any rugby activity.
14. I understand that when I appear in public, at any time, wearing JoA gear, I am expected to uphold these standards of conduct.
15. I will respect the laws of the game and within the ‘spirit of the game’. I will not cheat.
Joan of Arc Foundation Clubs, Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
In addition to the above, I agree to the following:
1. I understand that young people are involved in rugby for their enjoyment, not mine. Encourage children to play, do not force them.
2. I will let players and coaches take responsibility for the first goal of winning. I will relentlessly focus on the second, more important, goal of using sports to teach life lessons to my child and other youth. - not sure I like this wording but get the point.
3. Do not place emphasis on winning at all costs.
4. I will use positive encouragement with my children, their teammates and coaches.
5. I will not disparage the staff, administration, volunteers, coaches, or referees involved in JoA activities or while wearing JoA gear.
6. I will set an example for my child by honoring the game and will encourage him/her to remember to have respect for the laws and rules, opponents, officials, teammates and themselves.
7. Do not publicly question the referee's judgment and never their honesty.
8. Recognize the value and importance of volunteer referees, club administrators, and coaches. They give of their time and resources to provide recreational activities for young people.
9. I will demand that children always play within the laws of the game. Cheating is not allowed.
10. I will set a good example by applauding good play on both sides.
11. I will get my child to practice and games on time and will be on time picking my child up after games and practices.
12. Consumption of tobacco (including vaping) & alcohol is forbidden at all youth rugby events..
13. I will refrain from making negative comments about my child's coach or club staff. I understand that this will help to avoid planting negative seeds in my child's head that can negatively influence my child's motivation and overall experience.
14. I understand that JoA is an all-inclusive club that welcomes diversity, and will not make racist, sexist, homophobic, religious or otherwise bigoted jokes or statements.
15. I will take an active role in JoA activities and volunteer to assist our team and the club.
16. I will not provide alcoholic beverages or drugs including but not limited to tobacco, vapes, and/or marijuana to any youth player on JoA’s property or at any event in which I or my child is representing the club including away matches, trips and tournaments. Distribution of alcohol, tobacco or drugs to any youth player is forbidden.